Our clients have had questions about how things will look when we get to reopen. While things might look just a little different in the office, you can expect the same great level of care and safety you’ve come to expect from us. We’ll be taking some extra precautions to protect our staff and our patients.
Dr. Trahar-Thomas and our staff have been working hard throughout the lockdown. From virtual checkups, to mailing rubber bands, to preparing for a safe reopening, we’ve been hard at work because we’re so excited to see our patients very soon!
As a healthcare provider, it has always been our responsibility and practice to make sure that our office is as sterile as possible. We go out of our way to prevent disease from spreading. We are ramping up those practices by adding some new ones according to the recommendations of our professional associations as well as the Centers for Disease Control.
Wondering what to expect at your next appointment?
We must limit the number of people in the office at one time in order to protect you and our team. That means we’re rescheduling a lot of appointments so that everyone has the protection of social distancing. We realize this will be a pain, but it’s necessary to guard your health and that of our team and community. All we want is to be able to see and treat you again soon so these precautions are going to help us all stay healthy enough to do that.
Please know that as we reschedule you, we’re doing the best we can to get you in as soon as we can. We are looking forward to seeing you and we’re also working very hard to keep our office as safe as possible. We thank you in advance for your patience as we work together to get back on track!
Prior to Your Appointment
- Please arrive 5 minutes early so that you’ll have plenty of time to complete your pre-screening and get checked in.
- Please brush your teeth prior to arriving at our office.
What to Bring
- A mask or mouth covering
At this time, no one is allowed in our office without a mask or mouth covering.
When You Arrive
- You will notice signs that will direct you to scan a QR code to check in. The QR code will direct you to a link where you will answer a brief wellness survey, or you can visit: https://cvdsafe.com/sbtb
- Upon entering the office, check-in will look a bit different. When you arrive, you’ll be greeted with hand sanitizer and you will have your temperature taken with a touchless thermometer.
- Patients should enter the office alone. We ask that at this time, parents and siblings wait in the car. In an effort to keep our space as safe and sanitary as possible, our waiting room will remain closed at this time.
Don’t worry– it won’t be this way forever! A little extra caution makes us all safer.
In the Office
- You can expect all of our team members to be wearing PPE throughout your time here. We were experts on the PPE thing long before COVID, and will be long after… you can be confident that we take all precautions to prevent the spread of any germs at every step of the process, for your sake– and ours!
- All patients and staff will work together in the office to observe social distancing guidelines and proper hand washing and sterilization.
- Parents: If you have any specific concerns you’d like us to address during your child’s appointment, please feel free to contact us prior to their appointment.
After Your Appointment
- As a courtesy to our patients and staff, we ask that you closely monitor your family’s health for a period of two weeks following your visit to our office. During that time period, should you or someone that you have had contact with develop symptoms of COVID-19 please call our office and report this.
- As we reschedule appointments, we ask for your patience. It may take longer to get you back in, but we can assure you we’ll be doing everything we can to see you as soon as possible– and we can’t wait to see you.
- We will continue to follow the recommendations of our State, the CDC, and the ADA. Please check back for updates or feel free to contact us with any questions.